The one-year anniversary of The Rubber Chickens Blog is Friday, July 29. We thank each and every one of you for coming by to read our blog and follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook. It’s been a fun year, and we’ve really enjoyed having TRC as a creative outlet to write about Gamecock sports and a few other things.
We realize we have new followers all the time, so we decided to choose some of the top posts from the past year in case you missed them (and yes, also to pat ourselves on the back a little). First up, I’ll pick some of my favorites from the Tbone archives.
Tbone is an intellect, quite scholarly, and I’ve warned him a couple of times that he might lose some of our fan base (namely me) with his use of big words and faux poems from William Carlos Williams (I still don’t know who this dude is). I admit I try to have dictionary.com open when I read a new Tbone post, just in case.
He has brought us memes like the Sunday Night Snark, Graphic Explanations, and TRC the Magazine. Tbone invented the acronym CTU (he hates them more than anyone I know) and also specializes in bad Photoshop jobs.
Here are some of Tbone’s greatest hits:
- Sending Out an SOS (8/9/10) – Amazing how we all felt just one short year ago.
- In Defense of Hyperbole (8/23/10) and My Problem with Irony (9/10/10) – I still don’t think I’ve used the word irony since this posting for fear of using in the wrong context.
- Gamecock Memory Lane, or Why I Can’t Stop Worrying About the Wildcats and Just Enjoy the Bama Win (10/13/10) – Talk about foreshadowing.
- More Fun with Venn Diagrams (10/22/10) – CTU Edition – Pure graphic genius.
- An Open Letter to Ellis Johnson (11/7/10) followed by ANOTHER Open Letter to Ellis Johnson (11/14/10) – Oh what a difference a week and an SEC East Championship make.
- A Tigris Miscellany (11/30/10) – A TRC specialty, hatin’ on the Tigers.
- We’d Like to Ask You a Few Questions /flashes badge (3/26/11) – We’ve all seen the SOS “arrest” video, and Tbone takes the opportunity to ask a few questions about the Clemson P.D. and how they handle CTU players.
- Americans Want a Quarterback They Can Drink a Beer With (4/12/11) – In defense of #5.
- NERD ALERT! In Which We Discuss Alternate Realities (4/20/11) – Tbone shows his true colors. Very funny, but you might have to read it a couple of times to let it sink in.
- Hyman’s Requirements for Garcia Reinstatement (5/20/11) – I think a few of these were actually real.
- We Salute the Innovation on the Plains (5/27/11) – Shows Tbone’s dedication to research, and his dedication to our hate for the other Tigers.