Last year we did an audio review of every Gamecock football season since 1987. Due to popular demand, we will be re-running the series this summer leading up to kickoff against Texas A&M on August 28.
Connor Tapp of the HalfCocked Show podcast and Garnet and Black Attack joins us to talk about Steve Spurrier’s first year at the helm at South Carolina.
Among other things we discuss:
- The first game hoopla including a visit from ESPN, Big & Rich, and a prediction from Lee Corso (one that he is still right about BTW).
- Tough losses to Georgia, Alabama and Auburn early in the year (and why did Steve Spurrier wear glasses sometimes in 2005? I mean, I know why people wear glasses, but you know.)
- Antonio Heffner’s ever so brief stint at QB and calling two timeouts at Auburn before running our first offensive play.
- Big wins over Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida (here and here), and the emergence of Sidney Rice and Kenny McKinley.
- A disappointing finish, and a long drive home from Shreveport, LA, for Connor.
All this and much, much more on the 2005 Gamecock Flashback.
Click here or click the graphic to listen, and enjoy!