Some stories from around the Gamecock universe:
– Stephen Garcia announced his new diet plan. It involves eating what you normally eat, some light jogging, and cutting your beer intake by four percent.
– Carolina football players are fair game if you feel like doin’ some punchin’. Especially if you happen to carry a badge. They can’y hit back for fear of getting kicked off the team, and it gives you wonderful stories to tell your grand kids!
– Stephen Flint announced he was quitting the Gamecocks. In a related story, it appears that someone named Stephen Flint was a member of the football team.
– The backup QB gave a post-practice interview this week. He answered every question with quietly furious stares and a steely confident demeanor. After viewing the clip, I’m convinced fictional boxer Ivan Drago visited a local watering hole in Flowery Branch, Georgia about 19 years ago and met a chaste young lady who was momentarily taken in by the big Russian. In fact, I hereby dub the so-called Connor Shaw by his rightful name “Bubba Drago.”¯
– In a moment of rare self-realization, Clemson Tiger University head screw Dabo Sweeney opened fall practice with Bruce Springsteen’s nostalgic anthem, “Glory Days”¯ blaring on the loudspeakers. The exact moment Dabo realized that things had passed him by? My guess: