Some stories from around the Gamecock universe:
– Stephen Garcia announced his new diet plan. It involves eating what you normally eat, some light jogging, and cutting your beer intake by four percent.
– Carolina football players are fair game if you feel like doin’ some punchin’. Especially if you happen to carry a badge. They can’y hit back for fear of getting kicked off the team, and it gives you wonderful stories to tell your grand kids!
– Stephen Flint announced he was quitting the Gamecocks. In a related story, it appears that someone named Stephen Flint was a member of the football team.
– The backup QB gave a post-practice interview this week. He answered every question with quietly furious stares and a steely confident demeanor. After viewing the clip, I’m convinced fictional boxer Ivan Drago visited a local watering hole in Flowery Branch, Georgia about 19 years ago and met a chaste young lady who was momentarily taken in by the big Russian. In fact, I hereby dub the so-called Connor Shaw by his rightful name “Bubba Drago.”
– In a moment of rare self-realization, Clemson Tiger University head screw Dabo Sweeney opened fall practice with Bruce Springsteen’s nostalgic anthem, “Glory Days” blaring on the loudspeakers. The exact moment Dabo realized that things had passed him by? My guess: