This series of audio blog posts recapping every season since 1987 were originally posted prior to the 2013 season and are sponsored by our friends at Blue Moon Disk.
The 2006 season was another early building block in the Steve Spurrier era – flashes of brilliance intertwined with flashes of mediocrity and flashes of awful. Our experiences from that season included:
- A season-opening 15-0 victory over Mississippi State that was slow and painful until the fourth quarter when Syvelle Newton teamed with Cory Boyd to put the game away (back like cook cracked anyone?)
- A shutout loss to Georgia followed by a close win over…ugh…Wofford.
- A 17-24 victory over Auburn…oh, wait, we didn’t win that game, we just acted like we did. Cue moral victory speech from the HBC.
- Spurrier putting a profusely sweating Ron Cooper on the spot with the media after his “prevent” defense almost got us beat at Kentucky. (Sweet trick play tho.)
- A brutal 17-16 loss at eventual national champion Florida where we had both an extra point and a potential game-winning field goal blocked.
- This run by Cory Boyd.
- A hard-fought win at Little Death Valley, and a season-ending bowl victory over offensive juggernaut Houston.
Hear all the gory details on this edition of Buckshots.
Click here or click the graphic to listen, and enjoy!