Reads, Options, and Pitches from around the college football world (ok, mainly the south, but it’s basically the same thing, right?):
– A chart of gross revenues and net profits for the 51 biggest college athletic departments. Compiled by Year2 on Team Speed Kills, the key should say: green is good, red is bad, right is rich, and up is awesome. (shorter version: SC beats CTU . . . AGAIN!)
– One unintended consequence of SEC expansion: Hoover hired another complete crew of football officials. Stop and let that sink in for a minute: We now employ guys that previously couldn’t get hired over Mike Washington.
– Completely ridiculous and yet somehow informing, a look at the relationship between SEC spring games, 2012 prospects, and random Tom Waits lyrics via the guys at GABA.
– What I’m hating on right now: not really cfb related, but hate, hate, HATE, HATE!
– What’s the dumbest, most smh, thing Dabo Swinney said yesterday? How about this little bite of word-salad, on the continued non-punishment of Sammy Watkins:
“I think he’s responded very well, but as far as any other comments at this time I’m still in the process, like my statement said, of gathering everything, all my thoughts and all the facts, and meeting with everybody involved, and then making a decision of where we will go from there as far as type of discipline we’ll put in place.”
– Today’s worst thread on what is an otherwise excellent college sports message board.
– Today’s best thread on the college football subreddit: Where did Andy from Toy Story go to college?