In this history of corporate bowl sponsorship, I’m not sure if there has ever been a more ironic tweet:
That having been said, the C1B folks have been an awesome twitter follow, and I’m sure are gonna put on a great party for the Gamecock Faithful.
Some other Gameday notes:
– The Anderson Independent Mail issued a 32 page special edition Sunday in honor of the CTU Orange Bowl game. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a hometown paper working this hard for the Gamecocks? I half expected The [banner redacted] to honor our C1B bid by publishing a retrospective on the 2003 Carolina too-much-tutoring scandal that led to the previous round of NCAA skullduggery.
– Kyle Nunn will start and play the entire game. With a bad back. And without more than a couple of days of meaningful practice time. This should tell you all you need to know about our Offensive Line Depth.
– Kyle Nunn will start and play the entire game. And forgo a potential medical hardship application, which was apparently never sent in. This should tell you all you need to known about the competency of our compliance staff.
– CC Whitlock and Jadeveon Clowney will both play in the C1B. This despite their appearance on a Christmas Party poster, which is apparently some type of NCAA no-no. Yeah, I don’t get it, and neither does our staff apparently, as the HBC has become increasingly obtuse when asked about the fiasco. But such is the world of NCAA rules and regs.
– This will be Alshon Jeffrey’s last game in a Carolina uniform. Unless he is insanely sentimental and fiscally naive.
– This will be Melvin Ingram’s last game in a Carolina uniform. Unless the Panthers draft him.
– This will be Kenny Miles’ last game in a Carolina uniform. Unless it isn’t.
– BONUS: TRC uninformed game day insight: Watch NU’s Burkhead, or whatever his name is, today. If, early on, he looks like Outback Bowl Ryan Brewer, then we are in for a rough time of it. If, instead, he looks like Outback Restaurant Buck (i.e. blooming onion crumbs on his shirt and a glazed perservative-induced coma grimace) then we should be OK.