Things We Wish We’d Thought Of: Garnet and Blacketology
This will be a ton of fun to watch next week. I have to admit, I wish we’d thought of what Connor Tapp came up with here.
And even though we come in as a four seed, the boys at GABA recognize that we may actually be the team to beat in the Blogger/Writer Region.
Just a brief sizing up of our competition:
- Chris Clark – peaked as a second-team slot receiver
- SpursUp Blog – ha ha!! Like we’re going to lose to a girl!
- Wes Mitchell – jocksniffer
- Life of a Gamecock – agoraphobe
- Scott Hood – Yankee
- David Cloninger – #Cloningered
- John Whittle – worthy opponent (note to self: keep folding chair within reach)
I think we breeze through the bracket, and will face Michael Roth in the semifinals. Roth is not as popular as he’s been the last two years because he hasn’t won a National Championship this year (yet). Fortunately voting closes before the Super Regionals are over. We win in a squeaker.
In the finals I see us facing Team Garcia. (How do we NOT pick @ITS_DABO? Hey, Jennifer Hudson didn’t win American Idol even though she was clearly the most awesome.)
Once in the finals, we’ll put on some AXE body spray, offer Team a couple of Mike’s Hard Lemonades and put on an Oasis CD, and she will forget there ever was a College Tworld Series.
We anxiously await our trophy…