Best of the Web: Bobby and Jess
It hasn’t been 24 hours yet, and I’m pretty sure that every opinion, tweet, photoshop, gif and blog post has been executed on the Bobby Petrino scandal. Instead of giving an official stance from TRC…HE’S A BUM AND HE GETS WHAT HE DESERVES HA HA AND I’LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR WHAT HE DID TO THE FALCONS…um, sorry, I guess that kinda gives away my stance…but anyhoo…
This is just the kind of incident that causes the little part of the internet that deals with sports fly off its axis, and makes people act like anything from priests to stand-up comedians, and everything in between. So here, in case you’ve missed anything, are the best of Bobby and Jess from the last 24 hours:
- The Jessica Dorrell wedding site. That’s right, it now links to nothing. That’s because people got a hold of it and posted some of the nastiest, cruelest, meanest, and downright hilariousest stuff I’ve read in a long, long time. Unfortunately I was late to the party and only got a taste of the shenanigans. For those of you who missed it, you can catch a few of the greatest hits in the comments section of this EDSBS.com post. Did she deserve that kind of cruelty? I don’t know, but if she WAS having an affair with her 51-year old employer, husband and father of four while planning her own wedding, did she not?
- Also from EDSBS, “Las Cronicas de Boss Hawg: The Motorcycle of Lust!”
- This GIF.
- Dabo reassures Clemson fans.
- Even with that reassurance, a photo surfaces…
- Pat Forde with an insightful post and a list of Petrino’s shady coaching history I’LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR SCREWING MY FALCONS!!! (sorry again)
- Dennis Dodd says Petrino’s a goner.
- Andy Staples is not so sure.
- Mike Bell thinks “those goobers” at Arky will keep Petrino.
- Matt Hayes at Sporting News says Arky should pick up the phone and call Gus Malzahn, right now. Sorry Feathered Warrior.
- Here’s the predictable finger wag, courtesy of John Pennington at Mr. SEC. Thank you for staying above the fray reputable news man.
Will Petrino keep his job? Probably not. Just in case I’m already working on a GIF of Gus Malzahn riding into Fayetteville with Tyler Wilson on a feral pig pulling a wagon full of cash.